Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Snow, IPEVO, and PTO: O-O-Oh!
The photo above was taken with one of our new IPEVO document cameras during yesterday's surprise snow. Of course, I could just snap a photo with the digital camera and save it to my files. However, this is how it happened with the IPEVO -
1. IPEVO was used for a lesson with Ms. Parker's 4th graders to display images from The Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg.
2. After the lesson, I pointed the IPEVO at the window to capture the image we were seeing - gently falling snowflakes with the woods as a background.
3. The image was displayed on the SMART Board which made it easy to see the snow crystals and clumps as they fell.
4. We turned off the lights to enjoy the beautiful scene displayed on the SMART Board. One student said it was like having another window - a big window!
5. I clicked the Enter key and bingo! - the picture was saved to a folder created by the IPEVO and placed into my U drive. Now that's service!
As you can see, I'm really excited about the IPEVO which is a cheaper version of other document cameras (for more details & a photo, see my blog from Dec. 10th). Our generous PTO bought six (6!) IPEVO cameras for our school. Four of them went to classrooms with SMART Boards, one to the Library, and the other one is available for teachers to borrow and use with the school LCD projector. Thanks, PTO!